Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Great News!!

Our second try at the I-600 application was accepted! We got the approval letter in the mail today. Seeing Department of Homeland Security as the return address made me so happy. We actually got 5 letters today. The other ones were our appointment times for our USCIS biometric FBI fingerprinting. FEBRUARY 1st at 8:00am we will be going to the USCIS office here in Chicago! (Don't worry, I'll take pictures;))



I found this little flow chart and it helps to understand the process.




We are almost ready to ship our dossier. (in the next couple weeks) We are just waiting for our home study report to be done and approved by the state of IL. Please try that our social worker, Beverly gets it done quickly. We have a long way to go but we can't help but get excited about each step.

4 comments:

  1. We are so excited!!! One more thing off the list.
    Is it weird that I really like the flowchart???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's weird...seeing mail from the DHS makes our house pee its pants. :-)

    How exciting! I too..love the flowchart. I want to print it out, laminate it, carry it in my wallet...and check things off. Love it!

    We are eagerly praying and anticipating with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that one is done! I wish you could make the chart into one of those tickers and we can all cheer when you get to the little plane. (The little plane graphic, not a real little plane, because that would scare me.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You are doing awesome with all the paperwork and details. The flow chart is super helpful to visualize the process--so much work has gone into those first 4 boxes! Good job.

    ReplyDelete