Saturday, May 28, 2011

This is IT!

I can't believe I'm typing these words but I am leaving today at 6:00pm to pick up our son in Ethiopia. Thankful doesn't even begin to describe how we are feeling. In the last 7 weeks that we've been home we've been able to raise ALL the money needed for this trip. THANK YOU and THANK GOD! We are humbled that so many of you have partnered with us to bring Samuel home.

Scott will be staying home with our other kids and my friend Heather has volunteered to go with me. How cool is that? I am so thankful not to have to travel alone.
Sunday 29th- Leave Washington DC at noon.

Monday 30th- Arrive in Ethiopia- 8:00am GET SAM
Wednesday June 1st- Embassy appointment
Friday June 3rd- Pick up Samuel's Visa and leave for home.
Saturday June 4th- Arrive in Chicago at 1:30pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please pray for our time in Ethiopia, for health and safety. Please pray for Samuel's health and for his little heart as he adjusts to being in a new environment with his new mom.

Heather is bringing her Ipad so I am going to try really hard to update from Ethiopia each day. Thank you for loving our family.

4 comments:

  1. Yippiee! I just finished my "project" last night ... so I guess I need to get it off to the post office super fast so it is ready for your first family picture! Praying for you! Thrilled for you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God!!! Have a safe and wonderful trip. You'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it! Praying! PTL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news! Praise God! Can't wait to see him home with his family!

    ReplyDelete