Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I 600



Of all the forms we've had to complete I've been the most nervous about the I600. I know how important it is and I didn't want to mess it up.


"Form I-600 and Form I-600A Visa Petitions: A set of forms used to officially request permission from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) to classify a child in a foreign country, who fits the definition of an "orphan," as an immediate relative of its intended adoptive parents, so that there can be an expedited processing and issuance of a visa to that child, allowing it to be brought into the United States, either after having been adopted abroad, or in order for it to be adopted in the United States."


Today it is finally finished. Copies of birth certificates, marriage license and a LARGE money order, it's now in the mail. Thank God!

We're sending it in before the completion of our home study because the processing time for the I600 can take months. When our home study is done and approved and notarized we will send it in to be added. In the meantime they can begin to process our info and schedule our FBI finger prints $80.00 each. (Different from the ones we had done in the first part of November.) This is just another small step in this huge process but we are thankful it's done. Our last home study visit is this Friday at our house. Please pray that it goes smoothly.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth"
Psalm 121:1-2

3 comments:

  1. Will continue to pray and Ps. 121--amen, and amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you guys. what an amazing journey. i love reading about it:)

    ReplyDelete