Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I-600A Take Two!

I'm so sad to tell everyone that I made a mistake on the darn I-600A form. I got a huge package in the mail yesterday and I was so excited thinking that we were approved. WRONG! The letter attached said I made two mistakes. The first one was that I forgot to sign the form. You just read that correctly... I FORGOT TO SIGN IT! Secondly, it said that the money order was not for the correct amount. I spent over an hour and a half this morning on the phone with the US Dept of Homeland Security trying to find out the correct amount. In the end they said to send it back in for the same amount only this time write an additional letter of explanation. I did all that and I'm sending it back today. Please pray with me that it's correct this time.

Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.

5 comments:

  1. So frustrating to feel like that time has been wasted but a blessing to know that he hears you and knows the little guy for your family already. His timing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disappointing to have it not be the acceptance you expected. Ugh. Good job pushing through and getting it sent back out so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we sent our China dossier to AW, I forgot to make copies of all the documents!!! I totally panicked when I realized it, too!! AW had to make copies for us when they received it-- ugh!!

    ReplyDelete